I decided to spend about an hour walking around the southern part of Theodore Wirth Park, a large city park just a few blocks from home. I was driving home from Home Depot (a large home improvement store) and parked at the Wirth Lake parking lot. I spent about an hour walking around (without tripod, unfortunately), taking in the sights.
Tagged: … Read More
Looking for an interior designer or interior decorator can be overwhelming if you are not sure which designer you need for the scope or your project. Are you building, renovating or moving and need professional advice? Are you planning to sell your property and not sure how to get ready for the first inspection?
This document gives you answers to frequently asked questions in regards to interior design, interior decorating, colour consulting and property styling.
It will help you finding the right designer for your interior design and decorating projects and eventually create your individual style in your home.
What is the difference between an interior designer and an interior stylist?
You may have asked yourself this question already when facing a building or renovation project. Do I need an interior designer, an interior decorator, a colour consultant or an interior stylist?
The answer is that it depends on the scope of the project.
An interior designer is a skilled professional who is designing interior environments according to your briefing. The interior designer either modifies what already exists (renovation) or provides an entirely new design for a space (new build). In this case the interior designer works closely with the architect and comes in at an early stage of the project. Interior designers work either along a team in design firm or on their own.
What is the job of an interior stylist? An interior stylist is a designer or consultant in a field subject to changes in style, especially fashion or interior decoration. An interior stylist cultivates or maintains any particular style and in most cases stylist are finders, keepers and collectors of beautiful objects.
The interior stylist can help you finding your own style, creating beautiful interiors that are unique and meaningful. This can be achieved with the simplest things and does not have to be expensive. The only thing you need to do is keep your eyes open to beautiful things in nature, architecture, design, museums, art, exhibitions, books, textiles and travel. There is only one rule: Only collect or buy things that mean something to you!
How does a colour consultation work?
The colour consultation focuses on creating a colour scheme for a specific room or space or the whole house according to your briefing. A qualified colour consultant can help you with interior and exterior colour schemes.
Prior to designing a colour scheme for you the colour consultant should always talk to you about the mood and atmosphere you would like to achieve in your space. He will explain to you the differences between the paint companies and their products and choose the right product for your needs. After designing the colour scheme you will receive a written recommendation including a specification sheet and brushouts ready for your painter to start.
Why is it important to seek advice from a designer when choosing colours?
Colour is the most powerful tool when it comes to non-verbal communication and the design element that makes a space come … Read More
If you are interested in pursuing a bathroom remodeling project, but do not know where to start and are limited on funds, you will be pleased to know that there are many easy bathroom remodel ideas that you may perform with ease. Additionally, these ideas are inexpensive and do not take long at all to finish. If you would like to give your bathroom a bright, new look you may easily do so by just focusing on the small points of the room. In this guide, you will learn many quick and inexpensive bathroom remodeling ideas that you can start today!
1. The first bathroom remodeling project that you could pursue is replacing the toilet in the room. In most instances, even the most expensive models will cost you less than $ 300.00. You should go with a toilet that is a bit different than the toilet that you currently have so that it changes the overall appearance of the room. It is also important to go with an environmentally friendly option that uses a lot less water than traditional models.
2. If you are not interested in bathroom remodeling projects that involve the toilet, then you should consider switching out your bathroom sink. In many cases, you could do this for under $ 200.00. If you want to switch up the look of the sink, but do not want to spend as much money on the project as a new sink would cost, you should consider simply changing the faucet. These typically cost between $ 20.00 and $ 50.00 brand new and are typically really easy to install.
3. Not all remodeling ideas take a lot of money or a lot of your time. If you want to perform a really easy task, you should consider replacing all of the caulking lines that the bathroom or shower as well as other areas in the room. Be certain to strip the old caulking and then use only new caulking that is designed to combat moisture and mildew.
4. While you are working around the shower and / or bathtub, you could go ahead and replace the nozzle and / or faucets that emit water into these regions of the room. In order to save money on your utility bills, it is important to consider purchasing only nozzles and faucets that are considered to be water efficient. These are often referred to as "low flow" systems or "slow flow" units.
5. There are many accessories located throughout your bathroom that are relatively inexpensive when purchased new. These include the mirror, the medicine cabinet, toilet paper holder, paper towel holder, towel racks, and items that are similar in nature. If you are looking for quick, inexpensive bathroom remodeling ideas, you should consider replacing these accessories with newer, more modern accessories.
As you can see, when it comes to bathroom remodeling, there are many different projects that may be initiated inexpensively and completed quickly. All it takes is a little thought and some … Read More