Are you looking to obtain a produced “cellular” home and finance it with a FHA bank loan? Are you looking to refinance your present bank loan with an FHA bank loan? If you are, then the basis of your home will have to be reviewed by a licensed structural engineer to make sure that is complies with HUD specifications dictated by HUD Handbook 4930.3 entitled, “Long term Foundations Information for Produced Housing” and as current for each the Housing and Economic Restoration Act of 2008 (enacted July 30, 2008). New homes need to meet the specifications of HUD Handbook 4145.1, REV-2, CHG-1 entitled, “Architectural Processing and Inspections for Home Home loan Insurance policies” and noted employing variety HUD-92051 entitled, “Compliance Inspection Report”.
The basis specifications posted by HUD are normally situations extra stringent than people demanded by the local setting up code. The intent of these specifications is to make your home safe and sound by escalating it's potential to stand up to robust winds and earthquakes, extra resistant to humidity complications and enhanced bearing toughness to minimize the probability for basis settlement.
Beneath is a listing of the simple HUD basis specifications:
• Poured concrete footings or authorised engineered foundations need to guidance the piers.
• If employing concrete blocks (CMU) as piers, then the piers need to be possibly laid in Portland cement mortar or dry-stacked and coated with a fiber reinforced floor bonding cement. Metal jack stands are an authorised pier substitute provided they are built and sealed by a licensed engineer.
• The chassis need to be anchored to the footings (screw-in earth anchors are not allowed).
• Enclose the basis with a long lasting skirting. As of May 21, 2009, vinyl or metallic skirting components are allowed.
• Offer sufficient ventilation in the crawl place area. 1 sq. foot of internet free area for each one hundred fifty sq. feet of crawl place floor area is demanded about the perimeter of the home.
• The floor beneath the home need to be included with a 6mil minimal thickness polyethylene vapor barrier.
• All equipment applied to transport the home (tongues, axles and wheels) need to be removed from the internet site.
• All utilities need to be permanently put in.
As you can see, the specifications are extra stringent than people demanded by most setting up codes. I endorse getting in touch with your local licensed structural engineer who can guide you with determining your home's compliance and what measures, if any, are demanded to upgrade the basis of your home.