It’s quite understandable that you had a hard time making decision to procure the SAP software considering cost and business renovation according to the system. Then, after many months of planning and implementation go through, you finally GoLive and try to find some room to relax. But, in no time you almost spend a calendar year, so here comes annual SAP official license audit. You will start receiving mails from SAP audit team members to complete the reports by given date. Actually you are not ready for all these measurement parameters to count so early. But as you have already signed the agreement with SAP, you should perform these steps in due time. So, you will soon start working with some new terms like USMM, SLAW etc.
So what is USMM?
USMM is the Tcode for the measurement program. By using this tool, you can determine all users license classification as per your procured SAP application and also the number of engines powered in each system. Then you can transfer the report online, directly to SAP.
Now, what is LAW?
LAW stands for License Administration Workbench, sounds bit tough though. Tcode for running this tool is SLAW. You can consolidate each system measurement reports by this program and send directly to SAP.
So are you ready to prepare your first measurement reports? Surely you are. Before proceeding to USMM, you must consider the following points –
– Check on SAP Service Market Place that you have all valid System Installations. Delete any unused or invalid installation without proper license.
– Check at, SAP Market Place -Data Administration -System Data
– Make sure you are the authorized person to do this, duly assigned by your company.
– Check your authorization profile on each system, that you have proper authorization to run USMM.
– Measurements should be done for Production, Development & Test Systems, that means you have to exclude IDES (Training) systems and any Backup systems.
– Prepare your measurement plan according to you Contract number, Installation/Customer number and System identification.
– Consult with your regional SAP LAW Team for all kind of assistance. Yes, they are available and very helpful in the matter no doubt.
SAP System measurement procedure on Development Systems:
1. Run the transaction code USMM.
2. Select ABAP DEV Client ON Clients tab.
3. Go to Price lists tab and select the applicable price list as per your contract.
4. Select User types. SAP Application Developer (CA) and Test (91).
5. On the Addresses tab, enter senders name & recipient name.
6. Now the most important part, User Classification. Run the query by clicking on ‘User classification’ (Shift+F6). Enter ABAPer client and execute (F8). This will show a list of all users according to license. Select SAP Application Developer(s) /ABAPer(s) as per your number of ABAP Developer license(s) and assign all other users as ‘Test’ user type. Be sure that ‘Checked user Type’ completely matched with ‘Manual User Type’. If any mismatch found, re-classify by … Read More