Tagged: , renovation … Read More
If you’ve ever been involved in a building project, or refurbished your home, then perhaps you know exactly why sound insulation is so important, and why it is fundamental to the design and construction of your project. If you’re not aware of why it’s so important, then here’s what you need to know.
1. Land to build houses on is hard to come by, and so houses are closer together, and so people are living closer together, which means that noise from one house can easily be heard or felt in another house, even if the noise isn’t especially loud.
2. Sound insulation affects both new building projects and refurbishments, so if you’re involved in property construction, or want to make the most of your house, then you’ll need to make sure that you take into account the fact that you’ll need to be aware of noise levels.
3. The UK Building Regulations specify how much noise is allowed, and what sort of acoustic flooring and other sound insulation products are available and suitable for your project.
4. Because noise is seen as a Health and Safety issue, it’s important that people aren’t subjected to excessive noise. Residents have a right to be able to relax during the evening and at weekend, without having to listen to the noise from their neighbours.
5. You might already have some idea as to what sound insulation products you need, or what sort of sound control you want. If you’re building an office block, or a hospital, then your needs will differ from somebody who wants to lessen the effects of drum or trumpet practice in their home.
6. If you know you need to reduce the noise in your home, then you’ll need to make sure you get the right products for your build. You’ll need to make sure that the acoustic insulation you use on your project meets the relevant UK Building Regulations,
7. Airborne sound is the sound of music or conversation, and because walls seem to be very thin in new builds, it is often possible to hear conversations and music in neighbouring rooms and houses, even though the music or conversation might not be classed as very loud.
8. Impact sound is the sound of something hitting something else, rather than music or conversation. Playing drums, footsteps on stairs or a washing machine vibrating on an uneven floor are examples of impact sound.
9. Flanking transmission is the path that sound takes, and explains how music or other noises can be heard elsewhere in the building. If you’re building a hotel or want to install a home cinema system than you’ll want to reduce the amount of noise that travels.
10. Unless you are experienced in sound reduction and acoustic flooring, it’s probably a good idea to get your sound insulation fitted professionally, so that you know it has been done correctly, and that it will be effective and meet the relevant standards, and will pass any inspections.… Read More
It’s no surprise that everyone wants to be in good shape and also have a good relationship with their partner. But did you know that you can work on your fitness and relationship goals at the same time?
The rise of couple workouts are shining a unique light on this possibility with exercises that help those in relationships improve their bond while also getting fit. And the secret sauce is in the method: couple workouts are done using only each other’s body weight!
For those tired of the gym and with limited time to exercises, using one another to workout is an amazing way to do so right in the comfort of your own home.
Not only are couple workouts a fun way to mix things up, there are many real advantages to “getting your sweat on” with your one and only.
Benefits of Couples Workouts
Here are just a few reasons working out as a couple can be life-changing:
More support and a stronger relationship. Remember the saying, “couples who workout together, stay together”? It’s true! Having a partner to support you in your workout and fitness goals make the process easier-and way more fun.
A study done by the Department of Kinesiology at Indiana University found that married couples who signed up for and went to health clubs together only had a 6.3% dropout rate, versus a 43% dropout rate for couples who worked out separately at the health clubs that year.
No equipment needed. Because you’re using each other’s body weight, you can get fit without any equipment at all. That means you can do couple workouts anywhere, at any time!
No gym membership needed. That means extra money each month that stays right in your pocket. Plus, there’s no need to spend gas on travel or fancy gym clothes. You put that cash towards more important things-like each other.
Shorter workouts. These couples workouts are designed to last only 30 minutes, getting you fit fast and freeing up more time in your day for other responsibilities.
Another bonus: since there’s no gym equipment involved and you’re doing the workouts at the same time, you’re finishing the workouts together instead of waiting on one another.
And what about the workouts themselves? Believe it or not, you can get really fit just by doing at home workouts with your partner. That’s because the workouts incorporate two exercise styles: high intensity interval training, or HIIT, and Tabata.
HIIT involves exerting yourself as hard as possible for short periods of time, often around 15-20 seconds, until exhaustion. You work several of your body’s systems through this anaerobic exercise.
Tabata is a workout that last for only four minutes, working as hard as you can for 20 seconds, then resting for 10 seconds. This is then repeated eight times.
Both HIIT and Tabata increase the fat-loss process better than traditional cardio workouts, so you can burn more in less time. Plus, that calorie burn continues for up to 36 … Read More