Everyone expects their house to have a waterproofed basement now a days. All homeowners appreciate the need to keep their home high and dry. Of course no homeowners want to deal with the trouble that water damage causes. Unfortunately many builders are not taking care of the situation.
The problem is that a mold, mildew and bacteria can flourish in these kinds of environments. What is mold? It's a type of fungi that occurs naturally. Under normal circumstances, mold is not a cause for concern. But when it starts spreading through a house, it can result in chronic health concerns.
Under most circumstances a test for mold will reveal the real nature of the situation, but it's always easy to see. Yet an insufficient waterproofed basement can result in more than just mold problems. The same cracks that let water into your home provide easy access for rodents and termites. Those nuisances can result in a large amount of damage to the structure. Not only is it a potential health hazard, it can cause a serious depreciation in property value.
For this reason, waterproofing your basement is a wise investment. It certainly makes the basement living room a nicer place and costs less than removing mold. You must be proactive in dealing with the potential problem. Once mold enters your home, it needs to be removed. You will end up having to remove anything that's been contaminated and replace with new material. And if you're a landlord you're not going to enjoying dealing with aggravated tenants.
It's simpler and more economic to deal with waterproofing a basement before you start getting problems such as mold growth and other damage. There are many waterproofing specialists who understand the needs of frugal building owners. Keep your foundation dry and free of any problems by addressing the situation now. It's a better idea to tackle the problem before it actually occurs.