… Read More
Some of you already know, I’ve been in construction for a long time. I’m a remodeling contractor as well as a woodworker. Right now, I’m working for a friend that …
Renovations.co.nz is very ideal for home renovation. We have been providing unique service for home renovation with great appreciation. Therefore, contact at 050937366 or visit www.renovations.co.nz and find out why www.renovations.co.nz is extraordinary for home renovation.
Tagged: , home renovation loan , home renovation ideas , home renovations , home renovation guide , home renovation costs , home renovation calculator , green home renovation , home renovation design … Read More
There are thousands of businesses that you can start from the comfort of your own home, everyone knows that. But, starting a cake business from home is something different and I’m going to tell you why and how to do just this.
It is true, cake decorating does require a little practice and some experience. Fortunately, that is something you can gain with very little cash. A cake business requires supplies that you may already have lying around your kitchen. If you already feel you are adept at this activity then you are off to the right start. And on top of that, starting a cake business from home just might be the perfect opportunity for someone like you!
Like any business, there are major advantages and disadvantages. The top five advantages to starting a cake business from home are as follows:
1. You can run this business from home and do not require separate quarters to do so. If you feel in the future you need more space for your growing venture, then by all means upgrade!
2. A cake business is fun! Most people need cakes for special days or events so what better way to make someone smile and also earn a little extra income while you are at it?
3. Your cake business will allow flexibility in your schedule. You can decide when and how many orders to take. You don’t have to ask for vacation days off and you can spend time with your kids or family anytime you like.
4. Low startup costs! Since you don’t have to rent some space, then rent can be taken off the budget list. Also, cake supplies are relatively cheap and definitely easy to come by. And as your business grows, so can your supplies and equipment.
5. High mark-up for cakes. Since cakes are easy to make, you can price them according to what you feel they are worth. Your prices don’t have to be set in stone! Some are worth more than others but either way; you are going to make a nice profit!
This is not to deter you but to make you aware of some of the things you need to keep in mind before starting a cake business from home. On the other hand, you are going to have some disadvantages and they may vary from person to person but they are as follows:
1. You might have to sacrifice time from other activities to get the job done. You will find that certain orders have to be completed at certain times. Time management will be your greatest ally!
2. Most events are scheduled for weekends when people are off work. So, you will need to be sure that you have this time available to deliver cakes or be available for pick-ups.
3. Depending on the size of your kitchen, you may need extra storage space for your supplies. This may require purchasing an extra cabinet or rearranging your kitchen.
4. You may … Read More
The last remnant of the Griffith Estate, the old Los Feliz Rancho was sold to a syndicate headed by William H. Mead, H.H. Cotton, Laack & Williams, realty brokers and the Edwards and Wildey Company in 1926. The new subdivision was called the Los Feliz Hills on "account of the diversified contour of the ground, a wonderful view of the entire surrounding country…and a drive of less than fifteen minutes to the center of town. The property immediately joins Griffith Park, giving to home dwellers here all the advantages of a country club, including golf course, bridle trails, swimming pool and tennis courts" (Los Angeles Times, January 3, 1926). An early sales brochure offers the following advice, "Engineering skill of the highest order is being employed in laying out roads and driveways with the idea of retaining all the natural beauty of the property. Fifty-year general and architectural restrictions adequately protect buyers and provide for the construction of modest homes as well as mansions and villas. Artistic beauty and harmony with the environment are the governing factors in the building restrictions…Plans must be passed on by an Architectural Committee."
The Sherwood House designed for Lucile Sherwood by architect Charles M. Hutchison was one of the very first homes on Amesbury Road (the other was the Spanish Colonial Revival style "La Casa Contenta" built in the same year and located across the street at 3410 Amesbury Road). Together, the two houses represent a model for what would become the prevalent styles of the period for the subdivision. The Sherwood House is located at 3435 Amesbury Road.
Declared a Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument (No. 1026) in 2013.
Tagged: , Charles M. Hutchinson , Los Feliz Hills , William Mead , Edwards & Wildey , Laack & Williams , archiref , Michael Locke , Michael Locke, Photographer , Michael Locke, Realtor , Treasures of Los Angeles Architecture , Los Angeles Architecture , Los Angeles Historic Cultural Monument , Los Feliz Improvement Association , Los Feliz Beautiful , Los Feliz , LFIA , Sherwood House … Read More